I’m back after a bit of a break! Hopefully, I can share some ideas with all of you as often as I can, however, my personal life is about to get a bit more hectic because I’m expecting!
Here are 5 new(er) songs that my students have been really enjoying.
- “La Bicicleta” por Shakira
- My students love this song! I was a little more hesitant to show the original music video, because there is a bit more skin showing and hips moving than I feel comfortable with. However, this Just Dance is an awesome way to get the kids up and moving while listening to the music.
- “Los Charcos” por Dani Martin
- A highly unusual music video. It is about a man that creates a female robot, teaches her how to be human, and falls in love with her in the process.
- Nice, slower lyrics.
- “Bailar” por Deorro ft. Elvis Crespo
- A music video that involves a quinceañera. Dad gets jealous that his daughter is in love with a boy, so he does all he can to prevent the boy from making it to his daughter’s quinceañera.
- One of my students’ favorites.
- “Tu Enemigo” por Pablo López ft. Juanes
- Great song about tolerance and acceptance. Based on the singer’s experience with traveling to the US and getting stopped and questioned at customs every time he comes here.
- Quote from the beginning of the song: “La tolerancia es el fundamento de convivir en paz y entendiendo que en el mundo somos diferentes”
- “Déja Vu” por CD9